Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Landscape Quilt

Last winter when we were in Alabama, I went with the Coastal Haven ladies to Mary Lawrence's Quilt shop in Magnolia Springs.  While we were there, the pattern for a landscape quilt caught my eye.  I debated and debated with myself about buying that pattern.  I already had too many projects in progress or on my to-do-list. However, I was afraid that if I didn't buy the pattern, I'd be mad at myself later, so I bought it.
The pattern in called "All Roads Lead to the Sea".  It comes from Country Creations.
I am not particularly good at choosing fabrics, but about a month ago, I was in the mood to start this quilt. I dug through my fabric stash and found plenty of green fabrics for the trees and browns for the pathways and roofs,as well as small pieces to use here and there in the buildings, and I had a nice piece of sky fabric left from Ethan's Noah's Ark quilt. I went online to my favorite online fabric shop, Connecting Threads, and was able to find fabrics that I thought would blend well for the fields, beaches, and water in the landscape.  The fabrics have arrived, and I have started piecing my quilt.
 There are 12 panels in this quilt, and I have completed 5 so far. I am really, really enjoying the making of each panel. Every panel is a challenge because the cutting and piecing must be soooooo precise so that everything lines up correctly. Consistent quarter inch seams are crucial!




I will update you on my progress as I go along.

No comments: